Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our Apartment in HGTV Magazine


I'm totally freaking out. The article looks amazing but I can't help but to be riddled with feelings of insecurity. Will people like our place? What if they don't? Will they have expected more out of me? Is it good enough? Am I good enough? Does that shirt make me look fat? Can I redecorate now?!

If you didn't already think of me as a little crazy- welcome, nice to finally meet you. Trying to chill out and enjoy what was truthfully a dream come true, thank you so much Team HGTV:) The April Issue hits newsstands on March 12th.  Go out and get ya one!! Meanwhile here are some in process and before pics below. xo!

(yes, that is my mother. no matter how old you are, sometimes you just need your momma to tone your crazy down:)




Meredith said...

So wonderful! Can't wait to see it. I am looking for some blinds. Where did you get yours?

Amber said...

I can't wait to step foot in this amazing apartment! I'll get a few days to check out the magazine before seeing it in real life with my own eyes. Can we say excited!?!?

Camille said...

I read it yesterday! No idea it was you. I love it! Definitely using your ideas for my new nyc apt.

Tiffany Richey said...

Congrats! That is awesome! Can't wait to see it!!

Kimberly Lewis said...

Amazing news Roxy! I totally understand all the thoughts going through your head, from what I've seen on your blog your space looks gorgeous!! Big congrats to you on the article! xo

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

You have absolutely NOTHING to worry about...your space is absolutely fab and you look gorge girl. Congrats on the spread in HGTV mag! yah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see it! i know it is going to be amazing!

Jewel at Eat.Drink.Shop.Love said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see the inside of your apartment.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

so cute to see your mom helping out!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Angela Denae said...

I LOVE your apartment!!!! I can't wait to see it in the magazine!! Woooooohoooo

Becca - Rebecca Atwood Designs said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Katie said...

Congrats, Roxy! Can't wait to pick up the issue!

Julie Leah said...

This is amazing, Roxy!! Congrats! Can't wait to see it!

xo, Julie

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!

KK

sarah said...

SO incredibly exciting! Can't wait to get my copy! And your apartment is adorable, you're amazing, and everyone will love it! You don't have a thing to worry about.

Unknown said...

I would be peeing my pants right now if I were you...that is SO exciting! I know everything will be absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to scoop up a copy!! It is well deserved! XoXo

fabulouspetite said...

OMG that is so exciting. Oh honey, you look pretty no worries. Congrats to you guys.

xo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Congrats Roxy!! What an honor, you totally deserve. Can't wait to pick up the issue

Unknown said...

Rox,

You are amazing! Hope you never forget that. We are our own toughest critics. I have been there, but I assure you from the sneak peeks it's AMAZE. So proud of you! Thank you for including a little SS Print Shop too, I cant wait to pick up my own copy XOXO

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

OMG!!!! Totally buying it this weekend! So excited for you! I love you and your beautiful family always helping and supporting each other and working as a unit as it should be. You are a group to admire and learn from! xx

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I just read it!!! COngrats!! I love it...OMG that cute nightable you got at a flea!! So cute!! Everything is perfect and beautiful!!

Eva said...

I went out during lunch to get it and your apt is wonderful! Love it all! The only thing missing were your yellow curtains...? Will you do more coverage on your blog? Would love to know where your black lamp is from.thank you.

Roxy said...

Hi Eva! I love that you used your lunch break to snatch up a copy, and, you remembered my drapes! I will try to take more pics to share, meanwhile, the lamp is lampsplus.com and I shared a link on today's post! Thank you for reading!

Roxy said...

Albertina, I shared this comment with my mom and dad and it made them so happy. Thank you for that :)

Roxy said...

I tuck those little words of enoucragement in my pocket and carry them around with me all day. Thanks Steph :)

Roxy said...

You are so sweet to say that!! Thank you, Nat:)

Roxy said...

I'm so used to controlling which images go public aka what I think is my "good side" or fixing everyrhing with "walden !" Haha! Thank you, Sam!!!

Roxy said...

Oh darlin! I was more nervous I think haha! I hope you like it!!! Thanks so much for the well wishes!!

Roxy said...

I have read that second sentence too myself like a maniac. Thank you, Sarah!!!

Roxy said...

Merci! Merci!!

Roxy said...

Thanks, missy:)

Roxy said...

Thanks so much, Katie!!

Roxy said...

Yay! Thanks, Becca!!

Roxy said...

You got to see it first and in person ;)

Roxy said...

Moms are such blessings, aren't they? I hope you enjoyed seeing your gorgeous print:)

Roxy said...

Thanks so much old friend!! :)

Roxy said...

Thanks for being excited with us, Michelle:)

Roxy said...

Hi! The drapes are custom and the wooden shade are from oriental furnitire.com . Good luck!! And thank you, Meredith!

Roxy said...

That is so cool to hear!! And I love you found a little inspiration! Thanks, Camille!!

Roxy said...

Thanks, Tiffany!!!

Roxy said...

Thanks, Kim!! Miss you!!

Roxy said...

Aw you are the best! It was weird not bei g able to pick the pic, like with everything else haha! Thank you so much, Heather:)

Julia D. said...

At the risk of sounding like one of those crazy (we all have a little bit of it in us) "love everyone hippies" I just wanted to tell you that as you, as you are, are good enough. Complete with all of your talents, like the ones that HGTV noticed and chose to showcase, and flaws, which make you human, you are good enough. Congratulations, Roxy. You totally deserve this.

Post a Comment